In a world where everything has become digital, mobile, and simply technological, many ministries are turning to online representations of their missions and happenings. Whether it’s a website, blog, social media, or smartphone application, there’s one commonality, the need for design. This design can be simple or complex, in template form or customizable. However, regardless of its representation, it’s contextual. We believe that custom design is needed within the Church. This is our case for custom:
- The Process: One of the main advantages of building your Church website with custom designs is the process. By controlling design, functionality and simple format, the process gives you the opportunity and options to create a worthwhile and meaningful website.
- Distinction: A custom designed website distinguishes your ministries according to the style in which you desire to be represented. If that style is fun, professional, contemporary, or traditional, custom design can and will represent your ministries accordingly; this fully encompasses your ministry’s desires, missions and visions.
- Professional: Another advantage of custom designs is the professionalism that it encompasses. With custom designs Churches are able to provide relevant, valuable, and quality representations of their ministries, missions, and Church happenings.
- Jurisdiction: Custom design allows your ministries the control and jurisdiction necessary to create the most appropriate and contextual online platform. Unlike templates, the value of custom design provides the opportunity for creativity, relevancy, and uniqueness; all of which your ministries have and should have exemplified.
- Durability: Martin Van Buren once stated, “It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t.” Well, that is the same with a website. Custom design provides a durable and lasting solution for your church’s online needs. If custom designed, the structure, format, and presentation of your site will be created durably.
- No Limitations: By designing your website on a custom platform you allow your church the opportunity and privilege of having no limitations (at least design limitations). The room for growth, addition, expansion, implementation, and adaptability is vast! You’re not stuck in a one-dimensional template; you don’t have to color within the lines.
- Brand Imagery: Unlike other website options, custom design provides the ability to design your website according to the guidelines of your brand (or alongside your new/recent rebrand). Your website should encompass your brand, not be similar to it; custom design provides this opportunity.
Given that each digital representation is contextual, it is important to remember that similarities confine us and differences define us. Custom design enhances our messages without restricting our mediums. The content, imagery, and marketing of ministries are in dire need of the individualistic and relevant representation custom design provides. Although it may not be – completely – necessary for every Church’s digital endeavors, we believe custom design provides the best representation of your ministry in an increasingly digital society.