Depending on the context, perspective, and level of creativity, your font embodies one of the most important aspects of web design. There seems to be endless font choices, everything from normal and established to novelty and modern; how is someone to decide?
- Plan your hierarchy
- Consider what others have done already
- Experiment the easy way
- Avoid Anachronisms (Chronological mistakes)
- Avoid Trite Correlations – Don’t use Papyrus because your topic is “ancient”
- Consider an extended type family
- Stick with classic combinations
- Use a limited palette
Deciding on the correct font for your designs can be a difficult and – sometimes – daunting task. However, with the above insights from Douglas Bonneville, author of The Big Book of Font Combinations, this difficult task may take on a new meaning for your ministries; and will hopefully provide a new sense of ease and understanding.