We all have one… a favorite color! Some of us choose to present that color with a favorite shirt, on the car we drive, or maybe even through a favorite sports team's jersey. But what is our favorite color really saying about us; or does it say anything at all? So, what color is your shirt today? Does it align with the following "color meanings?"
- Red: Energy, danger, strength, power, determination, passion, and love.
- Orange: Joy, enthusiasm, happiness, creativity, determination, and success.
- Yellow: Joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Green: Growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility.
- Blue: Trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth.
- Purple: Power, nobility, luxury, and ambition.
- White: Light, goodness, purity, and perfection.
- Black: Power, elegance, formality, and mystery.
Now, you should take these “color meanings” with a grain of salt, but nonetheless it’s important to think about the colors you choose within your design. Colors hold certain connotations and meanings; be careful to brand your ministries accordingly. If nothing else, give your colors some thought.